Blog Disclaimer...Read before Proceeding!

BLOG DISCLAIMER... READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THAT! As I read some of the posts I've written, I realize that they seem quite, well, gushy. Possibly even bordering on bragging over my children...you know, like when you get one of those Christmas letters that make the author's children sound like they deserve a Nobel prize and the title of Miss America all-in-one and you just want to toss your cookies... So here's the disclaimer. The warning. The "Proceed with Caution..." If you look at the little welcome message so cheerfully posted to the lower right, you will note that one of the primary purposes of this blog is that someday my children might read my thoughts and see how much I loved them. We all have these sentimental thoughts about our kiddos now and then. Yes. Even. You. I realize the boys I call my own are FAR from perfect...but they're mine. I love them, and I am proud of them...so only continue if you don't mind a gushy little story now and then. :) Have a great day...



Monday, March 21, 2011

How His Mind Works...

In our family, we enjoy reading The Jesus Storybook Bible together before bed almost every night. If you are looking for a new Bible/devotional to use with your kids, I highly recommend this one... it was suggested to me by a friend, and my boys love it. It does great things for a mom's heart when her boys want to read "just one more, pleeease?"

We've gone through it a couple of times, and when we finish it, we just start back at the very beginning.  My hope and prayer is that as we read through this bible, the history and themes of God's Word will be carved into my boys' hearts and minds, and that they'll always know the depth of God's love for His children.

Woven into each of these stories the theme of a wonderful rescuer (Jesus) that will come, and then come again, to save the world.  Last night we read about the tower of Babel (taken from Genesis 11), and how the people tried to build the tower to reach up to Heaven, all with their own strength and power...without God.
The story goes on, as I'm sure you know, to talk about how God confused their languages and stopped their plans so that they would see their need for Him.  The last part of the story goes like this:
     "Because the way back to heaven wasn't a staircase; it was a Person.
     People could never reach up to Heaven, so heaven would have to come down to them.
     And one day, it would."

So, following the reading, I say to the boys,
   "How did Heaven come down to us? What day do you think that was?"
Grant's reply:
    "Saturday."

As you can see, the meaning and theme of these passages is seeping deep into his soul ;)  Still...I think I love how his mind works.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how his mind works... and yours!