Blog Disclaimer...Read before Proceeding!

BLOG DISCLAIMER... READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THAT! As I read some of the posts I've written, I realize that they seem quite, well, gushy. Possibly even bordering on bragging over my children...you know, like when you get one of those Christmas letters that make the author's children sound like they deserve a Nobel prize and the title of Miss America all-in-one and you just want to toss your cookies... So here's the disclaimer. The warning. The "Proceed with Caution..." If you look at the little welcome message so cheerfully posted to the lower right, you will note that one of the primary purposes of this blog is that someday my children might read my thoughts and see how much I loved them. We all have these sentimental thoughts about our kiddos now and then. Yes. Even. You. I realize the boys I call my own are FAR from perfect...but they're mine. I love them, and I am proud of them...so only continue if you don't mind a gushy little story now and then. :) Have a great day...



Friday, April 29, 2011

Meet my Little Basketball Enthusiast...

I told you that posts will be random and not chronological...at least for a bit.  Case in point... I just wrote about the Royal Wedding that took place only today, and I now revert back to another Spring Break moment. 
I case you aren't aware, Grant loves basketball.  Loves. it. period.  His daily routine when he gets home from school is to go down to the basement to play at least one game in which he chooses two NCAA teams to pin against each other, and then  play out the game, in which he is the only player on each team, keeping track of the score, and then report the outcome to Mike & I when he's finished. He revelled in the NCAA tournament, and was really disappointed when his beloved Purdue Boilermakers were taken out by VCU. Even his teacher at school commented that "Grant bleeds pretty bad for those Boilers!"  He is looking forward to the beginning of next year's season and Robbie Hummel's triumphant return.  He's adopted another team to love, however, in the Butler bulldogs.  This worked out well for him as they made it to the final dance in the tournament.
The final games of the tournament took place over Spring Break. Here's a glimpse of Grant's dedication to the game.


We had dinner with Angie's cousin and her husband this night. They were very accommodating to Grant's need to post his sign:)


Kye really could have cared less about this Butler/VCU game, but he worked hard to be a supportive friend to Grant!



Grant was happy to call Mike and PopEd with the game results!


No comments: