Blog Disclaimer...Read before Proceeding!

BLOG DISCLAIMER... READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THAT! As I read some of the posts I've written, I realize that they seem quite, well, gushy. Possibly even bordering on bragging over my children...you know, like when you get one of those Christmas letters that make the author's children sound like they deserve a Nobel prize and the title of Miss America all-in-one and you just want to toss your cookies... So here's the disclaimer. The warning. The "Proceed with Caution..." If you look at the little welcome message so cheerfully posted to the lower right, you will note that one of the primary purposes of this blog is that someday my children might read my thoughts and see how much I loved them. We all have these sentimental thoughts about our kiddos now and then. Yes. Even. You. I realize the boys I call my own are FAR from perfect...but they're mine. I love them, and I am proud of them...so only continue if you don't mind a gushy little story now and then. :) Have a great day...



Friday, April 29, 2011

Princesses & Weddings..and Such

It seems to be that the majority of my friends and acquaintances aren't all that interested in the Royal Wedding that took place today.  As I took an informal poll the range of enthusiasm for the wedding went from lukewarm to utter disgust (Grandma!). Oh, there were a couple exceptions...my mom finds it intriguing, and my Lori (who has been lovingly dubbed "Queenie" in our family for almost as long as I can remember) does too. And, I enjoyed a long post-wedding chat about the event with my sister.
       Now, I find this general lack of enthusiasm unfortunate... anyone who knows me knows that I Love, Love, Love all things "princessy", "weddingy" and romantic. A friend/former roommate once claimed that if I ever had a daughter she would probably look like pepto-bismol exploded all over her.  That's a bit harsh, I think! 
Well, guess what...I have two sons and no daughters... and there is a distinct lack of most things pink or "princessy" at our house, and a plethora of light sabers and balls and cars and planes. Please don't mistake this for a complaint...of course I love my boys and would never,ever trade them for any little girl.  But one does crave a feminine fix now and then, doesn't one?  And, Angie, the Warrior Dash certainly doesn't qualify :)!!!
This morning's Royal Marriage fit the bill quite nicely. And, to make things even better, Mom came over just after 5:00 with fancy tea cups (so what if we filled them with java instead of tea!), and English muffins. We sat together and enjoyed a very peaceful early breakfast and kept our own running commentary of all the different ensembles and head wear displayed. The bride was stunning, the flower girls were precious, and my inner princess is content and satisfied, shored up and ready to jump back into the world of soccer, boats, and bikes just in time for Isaac's 9th birthday dinner tonight!

Photo Disclaimer:
Please remember that it was early...just after 5:00 a.m.!  I came straight from sleeping in bed to the "telly"...hey we didn't attend the wedding, no need to get gorgeous!  Still, I loved making these memories with Mom this morning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is neat that you had this time with your mom. And although I didn't get up at the crack of dawn, I did enjoy watching commentary for about 2 hours this morning. So I guess I was just a little bit intrigued. :)

Maria said...

I wish I could have been there with you. I loved watching it and kept calling my mom and Anne to see if they were up. Cambel and Kevin were less than impressed. Cambel said "if we were there, we would have to leave by now...when I get married I don't want it to take so long." Ada slept in but enjoyed seeing Kate:)

Jennifer said...

Anne,
I was trying to mention that we enjoyed some texting throughout the process as well...I just couldn't seem to fit it in and still make the point that many were less that enthusiastic during it...so, since Mom and Lori were contemplating an early rise time last night and you were definitely not,your name was the one dropped..so sorry! Now you are named in the comments:) Maria, perhaps Ada will be awake when Prince Harry marries, and perhaps it will be televised as well...here's hoping!

BDF said...

I didn't get up early to watch it, but the girls in my apartment and i watched a re-run at 10. And loved it! I like the tea & english muffins breakfast. :-) That sounds wonderful.