Blog Disclaimer...Read before Proceeding!

BLOG DISCLAIMER... READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THAT! As I read some of the posts I've written, I realize that they seem quite, well, gushy. Possibly even bordering on bragging over my children...you know, like when you get one of those Christmas letters that make the author's children sound like they deserve a Nobel prize and the title of Miss America all-in-one and you just want to toss your cookies... So here's the disclaimer. The warning. The "Proceed with Caution..." If you look at the little welcome message so cheerfully posted to the lower right, you will note that one of the primary purposes of this blog is that someday my children might read my thoughts and see how much I loved them. We all have these sentimental thoughts about our kiddos now and then. Yes. Even. You. I realize the boys I call my own are FAR from perfect...but they're mine. I love them, and I am proud of them...so only continue if you don't mind a gushy little story now and then. :) Have a great day...



Friday, May 20, 2011

Ever heard of Mother's Day Monday?


If you've never heard of Mother's Day Monday, don't feel bad...few have.  But I love it!  Mother's Day Monday was created in my family this very year by my mom, my sister, and me. And we plan to celebrate it annually.  I understand that it would seem that one would celebrate Mother's Day with her children, it's almost a given, I suppose.  This year my boys and I celebrated earlier in the week, with cards and gifts they chose themselves, and a wonderful Life Books Royal Wedding magazine from Mike. They really went all out being considerate and thoughtful this year, and I want to give them the credit they absolutely deserve!  I felt very special and honored. I love all three of my guys, and am so thankful for them.  Then, as an extra bonus, Mike agreed to a plan my sister and I cooked up to spend Sunday afternoon, evening, and all day Monday with Mom on a girls' mini-escape.  Hoff (brother-in-law) and Dad also agreed... let me just take this moment to publicly say to the  three guys...THANK YOU! The extra time, effort, and funding required from them for us to enjoy this time together was not lost on us, and we say THANK YOU!!!

Life gets busy, full, hectic, and expensive. Sometimes we feel like there is barely time for a long chat on the phone, let alone 24 hours away together.  But this time of Mother's Day Monday was all we had hoped for...we stayed at a hotel in downtown Indy thanks to Kelly and a cheap deal through hotwire. We leisurely window shopped in Broad Ripple.  We ate knaffa (a delicious dessert with orange blossom on top!) outside at a restaurant by the river and the Monon while we enjoyed a rare slice of sunshine.  We soaked in the hottub and talked. We had beauty night and colored hair. We looked at magazines. We went to sleep late (some of us later than others, as Mom & Kelly both snore! ;), and we watched the Today show as we got around the next morning. We had lox and bagels for brunch. We shopped at Circle Center where I bought three pairs of shoes all at once! We walked and laughed and talked. We enjoyed each other's uninterrupted company and the blessing of mothers, daughters, and sisters.



I remember what Kelly was talking about, and Mom thought she was hilarious, but I think I'll keep the story to myself!




Mother's Day Monday...may the tradition never end.

No comments: